APNH Opportunities. Join an innovative team!
AIDS Project New Haven seeks Treatment Adherence RN
Reports to: Director of Client Services
Classification: full time, regular
Compensation: $65,000.00 per year
To support clients’ adherence to HIV medical treatment regimens in the form of Highly Active Antiretroviral Therapy (HAART), in collaboration with Medical Providers and other community supports to ensure retention in care, improved health outcomes as measured by CD4 and Viral Load.
- Develop individualized Treatment Care Plan, in conjunction with Medical Provider and client, based on an initial comprehensive assessment and updated at regular intervals.
- Meet with client in an office or home setting to continually assess clients’ progress in achieving the goals identified in the Treatment Care Plan.
- Collaborate with clients to identify barriers to medication adherence, including psychosocial, cognitive, economic, health literacy, etc.
- Implement interventions that address identified barriers.
- Provide health education to improve health literacy, and enhance success, e.g. teaching how to fill pillboxes.
- Coordinate medication refills, pillboxes refills as directed by Medical Provider documentation.
- Coordinate referrals and track linkages and outcomes of clients to medical care and support services to ensure access to, and retention in medical care as evidenced by appropriate documentation in CAREWare database and progress notes.
- Closely collaborate with members of the APNH interdisciplinary team to coordinate necessary supportive services.
- Establish and maintain a professional relationship with clients, and remains in compliance with HIPAA, Federal and State confidentiality laws.
- Licensed RN and one year experience in Treatment Adherence services or HIV related patient care preferred.
- Knowledge of New Haven community and its services.
- Culturally sensitive and linguistically approporiate.
- Strong oral, written and organizational skills.
- Ability to work closely with others as part of a service delivery team.
- Computer literacy.
E-mail cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Anticipated start date:
November 1, 2017